Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Winter Blues Cure

Yesterday, I had a key in my mailbox indicating I had received a package. Unfortunately, the package mailbox was frozen shut.


Today, thanks to a friend who was stronger than the frozen lock, I was able to get the package mailbox open. And what did I find? A package from my cousin Brenda. Notice the cheery flowers.





And when I opened the package......





A care package from my Aunt and Cousins.

And they know me well.

Look at all the wonderful things they sent to me.



A bookmark with a quilt design and a pair of
embroidery scissors. Some of my favorite past
times. Reading, quilting, and needlework.


Nail polish, which I won't buy for myself. And
Bath and Body Works goodies. I miss Bath and
Body Works.

Things that smell good. And the candle was
made in Colorado.


Note pads. I'm always looking for a piece of
paper to make myself a note or list. A side effect
of getting older. Can't remember a thing if I
don't write it down.


Mints and Gum. Never know when you might
need fresh breath.


A fun pair of socks and towels. Hidden under
the note it says Spring and there are flowers
on the front towel.


And cookbooks for two of my favorite things.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!
I can't think of anything better to help cure
the Winter Blues.

3 comments:

  1. Funny! I am setting up the book fair and there's a quilt book mark in there!! You were one of people I thought of when I picked up a few of these to give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy it and Spring arrives soon! What? No Bath & Body in Alaska? I am on the e-mail list from them. I have ordered quite a few times on the internet when there is a sale and they are having a special on shipping. Saves me a trip to the mall when in the Springs. In fact, I have started ordering alot of different things over the internet if they are having a good deal on shipping. I only have to pay Cheyenne county sales tax which is alot less than the sales tax in Colorado Springs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Bath & Body. No Hobby Lobby. No Dillards. I go through a lot of withdrawal. : ) Thank goodness for the internet, although shipping to Alaska is a challenge sometimes.

    ReplyDelete