Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy New Year

So I've been back in Anchorage from a two week Christmas vacation for three weeks now. I've been waiting for Katie to e-mail me some pictures of my time in Oklahoma, but I'm still waiting. If they every show up, I'll post them. While I was there I helped her recover her kitchen chairs and hang a wall paper border in her kitchen.

Coming back to Anchorage after two weeks in Arizona and then Oklahoma was a bit of a challenge. I really noticed the darkness a lot more. But PTL, only a month after winter solstice, we are gaining daylight and are already back to seven hours of daylight. I'm only going to work in the dark now, but heading home in the twilight.

We had a week of subzero weather. Can't say I loved it, but with the right clothing, it was tolerable. Thank goodness for long underwear, down and microfiber. This week we have warmed up. Today it was a balmy 29. I saw a teenaged boy in a pair of shorts and a short sleeve t-shirt.

So I gave up New Year's resolutions long ago, but I do have a couple of goals for this year: to read the Bible clear through and to work every jigsaw puzzle posted on The Houston Chronicle web site. I'm also working to finish putting my house in order since it appears I will have plenty of company when summer gets here.

So, here's to a great 2011.

1 comment:

  1. I would NEVER survive the cold -- our cold is about to drive me baknockers!

    ReplyDelete